Wednesday 24 August 2011

More suppliers

Suppliers visited
 
·      Woolies. They remain the top suppliers of trim, rubber extrusions and carpet products; they are also ‘old school’ moreover they very ‘nice’ people.  
·      Europa. Very professional, large purpose built stand, computer link up to their home store, importantly, they have products of authentic superiority.
·      H and H Ignition Solutions. I thanked Phil and Lee for their help with the replacement dizzy cap and damaged Lucas coil. I also noticed that they supply electric fans of various sizes starting at around £25.00. The fan sounds too cheap but why not ‘take a punt’?
·      Spax, Avro suspension. None of these manufactures were represented at the show. I wonder why?
·      Car Solutions. They had a large external stand but most of their components were of foreign manufacture, exuding dubious merit.
·      Producers of Cobras, F40s, D type Jag for Chris. I managed to collect all of the information, expensive brochures, took endless photographs of these beasts, the toys of the unworthy rich. Completing one of these vehicles costs in excess of £80,000  which poses the natural question “why not buy the real thing?”

The poor weather did not fill me with encouragement as I travelled the 130 miles to Stoneleigh but the day has actually proved to be exceptionally productive. I tended to have a much more measured approach, ignored the sparse club stands in favour of the main suppliers of parts. 
I was better prepared to recognise the shite from the genuinely original. Prices did not always reflect the difference, so the experiences of the past year, particularly the bad ‘karma’ we had endured from several of the ‘so called’ professional purveyors proved to be invaluable. I have returned with much information, extensive contacts as opposed to a shopping bag brimming with inferior product. I am learning, albeit, slowly, as a consequence, too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment