Tuesday 26 June 2012

It has been a fine April


Fri.28.03.08. The remaining parts of the interior have been transported to Michael whose worry about covering the PVA was explained more clearly. Apparently the glue that he uses could react causing the surface to dissolve produces a treacly mess. But he is happy enough to give it a go so the parts will remain with him until he has finished in 6 days time. If that happens I shall gladly show my arse at the Pier head.

On Sunday I shall travel to Burgundy to work on Dave Greens house  for one week after which we shift to Tarascon, accompanied by Dave Brown, for some work on my own place.

Chris promises to have the Burlington up and running upon my return but somehow I doubt that. His kitchen project that has been 3 years in the making has eventually arrived. I suspect that he will be, rightfully preoccupied for the following two weeks. Nevertheless, the month has seen a tremendous amount of progress particularly with the striking visual appearance of the car. All that the basic lines offered two years ago has suddenly metamorphosed into a beautifully engineered object. We should certainly be proud of the achievement. The car has lasting value; it will be cherished, maintained rigorously, because it deserves to be.

April should see the completion.

No comments:

Post a Comment