Friday 30 September 2011

Beaujeu

Thurs.09.08.07. Isabelle is the extremely helpful contact at the ‘Office de Tourisme’ in Beaujeu. This tiny village in the middle of the Beaujolais region of Southern Burgundy claims to be the nadir of ‘Beaujolais Nouveau’. I have made a request to join their celebration dinner on the evening of Wednesday 14.11.07. at the ‘Mairie’, Hotel de Ville, this must be the best possible venue as they are having their dinner one day earlier than the rest of the world. She is also contacting the only hotel in Beaujeu to book all of their 7 bedrooms for the group of English that hopefully will be on the trip. 
Their e’mail address also has a certain ring to it, ot@aucoeurdubeaujolais.fr. Which roughly translates as ‘the heart of Beaujolais’, Isabelle will send me an application form to attend the dinner but at this point in time she perceives there being ‘no problem’: I seem to recall Katinka saying the same; only time will tell. The Thursday night could therefore be taken up with a formal dinner in Buxy at the Gormandaisse ‘Aux Annees Vins’ restaurant having spent the afternoon in the Cooperative cave sampling the local Montagny. The trip is taking shape, unlike the car.
I have been modifying several components of the dashboard alongside that of cockpit focussing mainly upon past successes, adapting, within these, the new proposals. Once the skeletal form has been defined I intend adding colour to simulate carpet wood and leather. I hope to be in a position by the weekend of finalising 80% of the ‘definitive’ design.
A pleasant afternoon was spent with John at Life’s Motors, sniffing around the wonderful array of cars but also purchasing four bumper brackets with the appropriate nuts and bolts, the remaining piece of rubber wing strip and two stainless steel boot rack brackets. The total cost was £120.00 cash which makes the brackets for the Burlington at about £25.00 each, ridiculously expensive: “I’ll tell you what Linda, they are the most expensive brackets I’ve bought, but they’re bloody good I say, just like my mate in Swindon”. I don’t like being mugged but it at least it was by a gentleman. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment