Wednesday 28 September 2011

More dashboard design

Weds.08.08.07. I am attempting to fashion the new dash at home instead of on site where minor or major alterations can be achieved much easier. I have spent most of the day cutting and re-cycling previous models working blindly in the hope that after the second ‘suit’ fitting the final design will edge towards completion. I realise that this is not the perfect working procedure but certain factors have pushed me into this corner. 
I can work quietly, remain focussed, become thoughtful, not distracted but more significantly have all my tools available my workbenches clean, clutter free. The fact that I have spent endless wasted time juggling, scribbling adjusting a day’s work on site then spending the following day undoing and re-doing is really beside the point. I know that I can make my concept work, I can design the dash as well as the rest of the interior, I can produce a practical aesthetically pleasing proposal all on my own without Brockie’s 1960 time warp input or Chris dithering, looking for problems, total lack of logic, unreasoned approach or destructured methodology. I shall take control of every aspect of the cockpit paradigm. I shall choose the scale, proportion, balance, line and colour ways. I shall choose the combination of materials, leather, wood and carpet. I shall choose the arrangement, position and content of the instrumentation, gauges and switches. I shall choose the steering wheel whether it be, Brooklands, Isotta, Sparco, Mountney, Momo, Motolita, Cakilita, Crapiotta, Plopimomo or even  Shitaki. I shall determine the rear storage space, its construction, finish and purpose: perhaps a refrigerated wine, cheese, pate, charcuterie or hidden smugglers hold to accommodate 20kgs of Moroccan Black. I shall decide all these elements no one else. I am about to take control.
Who says there is no ‘I’ in team?  

No comments:

Post a Comment