Sunday 14 October 2012

Insurance evidence


Tues.14.07.09. Photographic evidence for ‘agreed value’ has been sent to Adrian Flux who have requested this information in the event of serious, terminal damage to the Burlington, confirming that the vehicle has a representative worth. Having had the photo’s developed for my own purposes I am gradually becoming excited about the prospect of actually using the vehicle on the road, particularly in France.



The images have refreshed memories of how stunningly attractive the vehicle has eventually evolved. The colour combinations, the sexy curves, but more significantly the ‘build quality’ have reminded me of how delightfully unique ‘my’ vehicle has become. Since ‘road worthiness’ I have experienced less than ‘full blown’ enthusiasm, the reasons of which I still cannot rationalise. Perhaps the delays, breakdowns or simply a niggling doubt that another major fault may unexpectedly surface is always at the back of my mind. 

Will it be gearbox failure, unresolved suspension, camber/castor problems or the stubbornness of the DVLA? Until all of these issues have been comprehensively resolved I remain cautious, level, my emotions under control.
I return again to France on Wednesday to complete the signing of the ‘final acte’, we shall be in Burgundy from the end of July until mid August.


Chris continues to wrestle with the set up, confident that the problems with the rear leaf spring together with the ‘tracking’ difficulties of the front end can be settled. Enlisting the expertise of Colin and Dick should possibly ensure an optimistic outcome.







No comments:

Post a Comment