Friday 10 June 2011

Assertive?

Fri.01.12.06. December has started badly. The verdict as regards the head has not yet been made. I have also not had any communication from Chris today relating to this matter. The project has clearly reached a crossroads, we have, unknowingly, stumbled towards an inevitable hiatus, which I suspect is causing more grief to Chris than myself. 
The incessant struggle against inferior manufactured components, inconsistent workmanship, empty promises, false claims time and again sustained by conflicting information has twisted his view as to the feasibility of completing the vehicle to his demanding standards. To this end I feel a strong obligation to take control of all decisions regarding the acceptable parameters of worth. The stage 2 head will stay for this very reason. None of the team is totally at ease with substandard engineering but the need to ‘move on’ is bigger than the issue that the head has caused. I, for that reason, intend in the future to become more assertive, decisive unswervingly adamant if such a situation arises again. Or, perchance, I won’t be, maybe I don’t want to, it might be better perhaps if Chris takes control and I just curl up in a corner?

No comments:

Post a Comment