Tuesday 7 June 2011

DVLA

Tues.14.11.06. I have received some correspondence from Jean Beaver of the local DVLA regarding the alterations to the Burlington. A brief chat revealed that it was merely a standard inquiry into the progress of the build. Because of the delays to the completion of the vehicle it was decided that the original V5 registration document should be returned until I am in a position to have the car inspected. I then should speak directly with Jean to arrange a mutually convenient meeting. All of this appears to be too easy but at least I shall be in possession of my registration document, which will allow me to check the details of engine and chassis number, importantly this will also offer some breathing space to ensure the worthiness of the car.
Again it has been a day of tying loose ends.
I have taken the flywheel, pushrods, odd nuts and bolts to Standish so that Chris can finish the rear suspension and fit the clutch. I have, also, spoken to Andrew Turner of SU carbs who has confirmed a price for my obsolete one and a quarters in exchange for a refurbished pair of 1500 one and a halves. The price for the build is £205 inc VAT which is competitive but, significantly, after a lengthy conversation it was obvious that he has vast experience in the business being able to match perfectly the correct needles and jets to the other specifications of 2 stage head, race cam and 4 branch exhaust manifold exhaust. It is always refreshing to hear precise, exact knowledge. This professional attitude has been so difficult to obtain throughout the journey. There are certainly less people outside the fuck off bin than inside. 
At the pace of the milk train the project is back on track. Slowly but surely, the tortoise and the hare, life is a marathon not a 100mts sprint, the mighty river is born out of a tiny stream, molehills grow into mountains, one swallow doth not a summer make, small mice become big rats, Ruby, don’t take your love to town, I improve my English must.

No comments:

Post a Comment