Wednesday 14 March 2012

Clocks


Weds.07.11.07. Speaking to John Ostick has been yet another bizarre exchange of words. He was quite abrupt insisting that I should ‘listen’ instead of ‘speaking’ but conversely he can be amiable, chatting about how crap it must be to live in Lancashire. He has reminded me to write ‘A’ or ‘B’ on the clock I wish to rescue. It has been at least 15 months since I bought both of the clocks from ‘Angry Max’ who, at the time, informed me that the internals functioned on the clock face that didn’t match the other gauges, but the type face that would be the most suitable had a faulty movement, so that’s clear enough? I have sent both to affable John who assures me that he can fix the one that I prefer, provided ‘that I write clearly A or B on the casing’. I must also send a cheque for £33.95, which includes the restoration and subsequent P and P.
After a brief visit to Richie, who has started the work on the stains for the dash, I have been gathering all the information together for the impending ‘run’. Having still not received a response from M. Cremond in Angers I felt a letter ‘coming on’ to be immediately dispatched to Wigan’s Director of Leisure expressing my confused disappointment at the apparent lack of interest from our twin town. Consequently, I have begun to produce the first draft. 

No comments:

Post a Comment