Tuesday 6 March 2012

Europa


Fri.02.11.07. The brackets have had several more coats of paint and are now ready to be attached to the chassis. Before I set off for ‘Europa’ spares, of Tutbury near Burton on Trent, I delivered the freshly painted objects to Chris. But, an earlier panic phone call from Chris suggesting that we should now take our time, furthermore not to rush the project, had me a little worried. “You don’t need to go to Europa, just come up, we can make a list, we must plan things properly. You know, we have been daft, we should have followed those work schedules that you wrote out!” I am lost for words, but I did manage to escape relatively unharmed finding myself on the motorway by midday. I arrived at Europa at 2.00pm with a shopping list that had been, lazily, sloppily drafted earlier, comprising of.........

·      A Motalita steering wheel with Triumph boss and horn.£200.00
·      The price of 5x14x5.5 minilite road wheels. These have come in at £100 each.
     The recommended brand was ‘Minataur’.
·      An oil pressure gauge, amps electrical gauge a Smiths with silver bezels.
     All with the correct type face. £52.00 plus senders £30.00
    The wiring diagram for the ‘tacho’ must be followed up.
·      A chromed circular trim to accommodate the gear stick trim. £20.00
·      Front road springs 2.75 ID, 10.25 free length, 130 lbs. This information is to  
     follow.
·      Securing clips for a wiring harness.£6.60
·      Oil cooler. Approx £100.00 
·      An electric fan. Approx £100.00
·      Seat belts. £46.00 

Andy, a tiny but perfectly formed individual, was the helpful assistant in the showroom, two hours later I had purchased most of the goodies at a combined price of £413.77. I happily left Europa around 4.00 to travel to Walton to see my lovely grandchild. 

No comments:

Post a Comment