Saturday 3 March 2012

Impossible tasks

Weds.31.10.07. For most of the day I have attempted to encourage members of the ‘team’ to meet the required deadlines but, Nigel was ‘unavailable’ he has not yet started to paint the other panels of the car, Michael continues with his medication but not the seats; however, he will order the carpet length, coincidentally, from a local company in Hindley Green. Chris of Catterall and Wood has re-cut some of the ‘alli’ panels forming a protective base under the engine compartment. Richie has not started any of ‘stain colour ways’ until I obtain the steering wheel from which he intends to match the grain and tone.
Towards the end of the day I was offered the ‘shiny, gleaming brackets’, which, were now covered in blobby clumps of filler.  I have been instructed to remove the residue before priming and spraying with satin black. I refuse to become annoyed; I look forward to, again inhaling ‘tete’ dust, dribbling like an abused child, eyes streaming like Gail Platt coughing up sticky multi-coloured ‘goo’.

There appears to be a new contact in Angers, a M. Julien Cremond, he has requested details of the group that plans a visit on Tuesday 13.11.07. I have pointed out to him that I have thrice provided this information to Suzanne Riches who has chosen to ignore my correspondence but nevertheless I have explained our route our goals and have merely asked him to book a local ‘Logis’ where we can stay the night. I am prepared to wait until Friday for a response after which he will become another member of the ‘fuck off’ club. I shall then take the party to Amboise. 



No comments:

Post a Comment