Monday 27 August 2012

Almost full stop


Fri.07.11.08. I phoned Paul of Engine Tekniks who has not been able to make any progress on the engine or the head. He hopes to begin next week.

As a distraction to the present events I have started to re-draft the Burlington Story. I have found it quite difficult since my early writing is full of mistakes, not very funny an’ badly grammered.

Mon.10.11.08. Chris has had another accident in the home. Last week he swivelled around whilst in the garage impaling himself in the eye on a rusty iron bar. Luckily, it was his bad eye but it has been another warning about the state of his health.

Thurs.13.11.08. There is still no news regarding the repair of the engine. Chris has told me not to meither Paul because he may spit his dummy out. Chris has in the meantime been busy with his kitchen which I suspect suits him to get it out of the way before Christmas 2009. The DVLA have requested an appointment to see the Burlington. I spoke to ‘Philip’ who has left a message for Mr. Alim explaining that we are in the hands of Engine Tekniks who are re-building the total unit.

Sat.15.11.08. It might be that this is the weekend of my 60th birthday and I am feeling deeply depressed at the thought of having all of best years of my life behind me: the burning question being ‘what have I done with them?’ I have also, over the past 6 months, been wrestling with many aspects of my present my lifestyle, which requires a definite shift towards greater responsibility, consideration for the closest people around me and to determine a positive structured plan for the future. Perhaps to compound this solemn mood I am probably fast realising that the car will not be finished, worst still I don’t see when it will be completed. I have had no news from the engine builder, Paul, who promised that he would be tackling the job this week. Chris is more interested in his kitchen; to be fair I am reaching the stage where I don’t give a fuck either. I have never felt like this before but I do need this chapter in my life to be closed. I have always claimed that I would never pressurise Chris, or take issue with the cost, which has spiralled out of all proportion, or who is exactly to blame for the endless delays and excuses, together with the faults that have been exposed over the past 30 days. I have had enough of the entire affair. My enthusiasm has completely evaporated. I recall when I was 40 I had a very strong determination to buy a boat when I was 60; what has happened to that dream? I cannot imagine what I shall feel like on Monday but I would guess it won’t be uplifting.

No comments:

Post a Comment