Wednesday 29 August 2012

Birthday celebration?


Mon.17.11.08. The day has been far from stressful, as both Jo and I have spent all of the day with Gemma and Sam. Needless to say they are both wonderfully adorable putting in perspective the facile significance of my birthday, which in the greater scheme of things is purely immaterial. I received a super gift from my dearest of an I’Pod: I wish I knew what it was or does? But I feel sure that I shall find out someday. We had a simple meal of ‘rack of lamb’, a bottle of fizz washed down with a claret. It has been a day I can now put behind me but I shall fondly remember the simplicity of it all as well as what really matters.

Weds.19.11.08. I have definitely experienced closure with my 60th but I must now attempt to revitalise my interest in the Burlington to generate enough interest to conclude this final episode. 

Fri.21.11.08. Chris is dealing with some bad news regarding his mother. Last Saturday she was placed into the care of the Royal Edward and Albert hospital, never famed for its hygiene or excellence of patient welfare. Unfortunately, she passed away early this morning. He really has not had the best of luck recently with his health or personal circumstances. But this weekend also hails the return of the Anglo/Scottish annual back slapping contest at Keswick organised by Captain Salty, which inopportunely, was always a favourite trip for Chris.
I have taken it upon myself to contact Paul regarding the progress with the engine block and head. He has bored out the block to 40’s; he had thought at one stage that he would need to go to 60’s which could have put extra strain on the sleeves as well as the solidity of the block itself. The crank should be re-ground this afternoon, all being well. He has sent the head to a colleague who will decide the extent to which the ports should be polished to address the problems. 

No comments:

Post a Comment