Sunday 9 September 2012

I seem to be paying twice for the same service?


Weds.17.12.08. Last night in the Oak I settled my latest debt with Colin of £100.00 for him to dismantle the engine that he had so meticulously built on 26.10.06. This is the same engine that actually ‘blew up’ after burning just one pint of petrol. When it returns from its £150.00 re-ground crank and re-bore from ‘Engine Techniks’ I shall probably need to pay him some more to complete the conclusive assembly. I have also settled the small debt of £25.00 to Chris for a battery. He has also asked me to write the definitive, final, last, ultimate ‘programme of work’. Having written ten previously, all of which have been taped to the wall to be completely ignored, I am reluctant to obey. The block is ready to be collected from ‘Engine Tekniks’ but ‘how and when’ I have yet to discover, I patiently wait for instruction: maybe when Chris has tidied his garage, definitively, finally, lastly and ultimately?
                                                           
Fri.19.12.08. I have contacted the DVLA in Manchester. ‘Christine’, who actually does not work there but who was very pleasant, has been informed of the delay to the engine rebuild. The result is that I shall contact their office in February with an up date. I think the guy who is responsible is called Kalid Alim?

Weds.24.12.08. Today is Christmas Eve. So what? Meeting early in the Oak the conversation was primarily concerned with shopping, gifts and drink. Everyone had differing arrangements for Christmas Day that involved all three. The only slightly strange lunch would be at Preacher Stevens where Mick would be the guest of honour: I wonder if Steven has also invited some of the less then respectable parishioners from Platt Wazz?

No comments:

Post a Comment