Tuesday 27 November 2012

A Winter of discontent



Sat.26.02.11. The article has been passed on but with seemingly little appreciation; I have missed my window of opportunity if there ever was one in the first place. I am not too concerned about the mood swings but slightly baffled as to the reasons. The situation has reinforced my belief to complete the project my self; the programme of work as well as the scheduling, is in my hands.
His reluctance to maintain his involvement may be borne out of ‘clearing the garage’, ‘a line under the entire affair’, ‘his own personal path’, ‘change, crossroads’, or ‘something at present, totally different’. Does he feel ‘out of the loop’, ‘in the cold’, ignored, forgotten. I have endeavoured for this not to be the case, keeping a distance that I believe would have encouraged reflection but not exclusion. Whichever tactics I have employed they have not been successful since having stored the Burlington at Marylebone contact has been unpredictable often irrational, sometimes aggressive.
Enough is enough I must have the self belief to conclude the final chapter myself. I must also refrain from making this claim but simply ‘get on with it’.
Sun.27.02.11. The normal vibrant atmosphere in the Oak was absent today. Arriving halfway through the set of the ‘Lazy River Jazz band’ sober, the usual suspects, a gallon ahead, were experiencing a different world that I was just peering into. Chris had several opportunities to nod an appreciation of the article but none was forthcoming. A line has been drawn. The glorious days of the pub may also have finished? A time for change, or is it just the Winter weather numbing everyone’s appetite for fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment