Sunday 18 November 2012

Slow but positive progress


                                                    November 2010

Thurs.18.11.10. Alan has fitted four new tyres to my pristine 15 inch Minilite wheels. Road race tyres ‘Avon 175/65R Zt5’. The cost is a little unknown at this moment in time since I have bartered the tyres for ‘wine’.


                                                    December 2010


Thurs.09.12.10. I have returned from France to an extremely cold spell. Chris had phoned earlier in the week to ask if I had actually added anti-freeze into the radiator, considering the extreme zero temperatures that had engulfed the UK for the past three weeks. I had, before leaving, covered the Burlington with a variety of ‘sheets’ etc. but nothing really of real substance: I obviously, could not also remember whether or not I had carried out the simple procedure? The previous winter the vehicle had been stored in ‘Slick’s’ temperature controlled garage; so no problem there.


Fri.10.12.10. Today has been the first opportunity to visit the garage at Marylebone. Gemma had arrived the following evening so Sam and I trawled up complete with 500mls of anti-freeze. Luckily or thankfully, the core plugs were still intact and showed no signs of leaking water? There was also no ice was in the radiator. The car sparked up after a few turns, with no sinister grumbles so after glugging in the ‘mix’ I wrapped the engine in fleece blankets covering the front and rear with the old original hood and the ‘ex’ tonneau. Fingers crossed everything is ok?

Sun.12.12.10. It has been a bright but cold day. I took the opportunity to run the car locally to swish the anti-freeze around the engine block. Again I could not detect anything too untoward so returning to Marylebone I again wrapped her up knowing that the following week promised even colder weather.  
The new wheels and tyres remain in the dining room. I suspect that they will only be ‘offered up’ next Spring?

No comments:

Post a Comment