Sunday 25 November 2012

Double garage


Not being able to rid the conversation out of my head I pondered during the rest of the evening at a possible outcome of this latest unfounded outburst. My imagination overtaking any logic or ability to rid my thoughts of a dispassionate conclusion to this continuous, relentless ‘see saw’.
There is a face off, who’s contributed more to the project etc...
“All you did was scribble away all day in between buggering off to France, whilst I was choking on tete dust. I provided the experience, knowledge and skills, plus all the proper contacts!”
“So you claim that I did not help in any way with the build?”
“Oh you did that alright, but everything you made was shite that I had to re-do over and over again, the only serviceable bits were made by your mates!”
“What about the design of the interior?”
“You took your fuckin’ time with that as well. Anyway, it finished up just like Colin’s first design, after all your ‘so called’ work!”
“That’s right, God Colin who built up the engine that lasted a magnificent two minutes before it seized along with the £400 head where, incidentally, the cam followers had been re-assembled in the wrong order after ‘someone’ had ‘fiddled’ around with them!”
“That’s because you were too tight to have the block blasted clean in the first place. As for the head someone had to sort it out after it had been thrown together by those conmen in the south. Anyway, you’re just being picky now; it’s was a good thing that I was there or else you would have made a complete balls of everything with your come day, go day approach. Now that it runs you can’t even be arsed to drive the fucking thing!”
“The weather has been against it really; every time it has been dry I’ve been out!”
“You have only completed 1000K over the last year; in the past when I could drive, I could have done that in a day, you lazy bastard!”
”I am not the one who has taken 4 years to assemble a kitchen, in fact I’ve built a fuckin’ house in 2 years, in a foreign fuckin’ land. I didn’t just walk down a flight of stairs to the work place; I had to drive 900 miles before I could open the door!”
“I’ve done that kitchen all by myself not with the help of tradesmen. I even re-plastered the ceiling because the job had been botched by a so called professional. Besides all that, you’ve not appreciated anything that I’ve done, not once have you said thank you!”
“Not true, I have always thanked you for spending my money even twice on many occasions. The number of times I have bought simple parts such as nuts and bolts only for you to lose them in that shithole order of a garage!”
“You could have always taken the car away and finished it yourself!”
“I would have done if I had a double garage!”
“Oh the truth is coming out now, so you only put up with me for 5 years because I have a double garage!!”
“Correct!”

No comments:

Post a Comment