Saturday 17 November 2012

Another tantrum


                                                           Aug. 2010
 
Tues.03.08.10. Returning from Manchester having had a clean bill of health regarding my ‘gums’, thanks to Nina, my dental oral hygienist, followed by a inexpensive tasty lunch at ‘Croma’, then a few ‘gills’ in some of the more character ‘pubs’ we arrived at the Oak at 6.30. But, pleasant discourse with Lowtie, Doctor Dave, Old Bill and Rembrandt was abruptly spoiled by a ridiculous outburst by Chris. Jo had casually mentioned that instead of running around aimlessly clocking up the kilometres in the Burlington, we had better things to do: in any circumstance this was a throwaway line not having any real importance, but Chris took exception to the statement typically entering into a familiar tirade of verbal abuse forcefully delivered in my direction. “If you can’t be bothered, neither can I, you can stick your car up your arse, I have done with it!” Well, so have I, above all with your vacuous, childish threats. This is the last time that I shall tolerate unfounded, unnecessary criticism, explosive tantrums and your uncontrollable, fragile temper.
There are a number of unfinished tasks that must be completed before the vehicle becomes exceptional: Chris has always maintained that he needs closure, finish the task, to witness the car’s nadir. Should an apology be forthcoming this can happen, if not then no matter the difficulties I shall finish the job myself. I can no longer accept this irrational behaviour, this lack of respect, these unjustified accusations.     

No comments:

Post a Comment