Sunday 18 November 2012

I need to promote the project!


 

                                            January 2011/ February 2011
Mon.03.01.11. I have contacted ‘Complete Kit Car’ magazine, principally Ian Stent, the editor, amongst other people in an effort to increase the profile of the ‘story’. Remarkably, he has returned my mail indicating that he will spend a few days reading my blog to see if it would be of any interest to the magazine.

Sun.16.01.11. I have had several outings in the vehicle to stump up the miles but the weather and the reluctance of Chris to become involved has restricted any serious tweaks. But, after each trip there were marked improvements as the engine loosens up, suspension settles; plus I am driving the vehicle increasingly confidently, definitely assured, more proficiently.
I have left for France today having not had a reply form ‘Complete Kit Car’. Not that I expected much but nevertheless I have mailed Ian giving my schedule but more importantly, my difficulty in picking up electronic ‘mail’ unless I visit my local cyber cafe.  

Sun.20.02.11. There has been no response from the ‘mag’. I must endeavour via my blogs to generate much more interest: but how?

Tues.22.02.11. As an opener, there was nothing to lose ‘mailing’ Ian Stent of CKC in the hope that he has in fact read my blog. Within minutes a reply came through to the effect that there was a small feature ‘in the club section’ of this month’s mag outlining ‘The resurrection’ of a Burlington. Excitedly, I immediately purchased a copy to discover that on page 39 of the March 2011edition there was a half page spread about the car. I equally and rapidly returned my thanks with a further request as to how I could spread the gospel further afield. Perhaps a visit to Stoneleigh Kit car show in May? 

No comments:

Post a Comment