Thursday 22 November 2012

Hissy fit


Fri.25.02.11. I couldn’t wait to tell Chris the great news about the interest shown by ‘Complete Kit Car’, the possibility of a double feature ‘bigged up’ by Ian Stent, once the car had been finished; but there was a less than enthusiastic response. In fact he was more concerned with whether or not buying a new set of springs was wise given that the present ones worked perfectly well enough. Having the trim above the dash sorted out by Tim didn’t float his boat either or the important ‘push’ to finish. I am becoming increasingly concerned as to how Chris interprets the final days of the project.
The order for the springs has finally been dispatched to Rimmers. The ‘doli’ springs are 10.5 free length with an ID of 2.65. Although only £15 each with Vat and delivery they come in at £48 .00. But, importantly as reinforced by Max they should be perfect for the job.
However, later down at the Oak what I had assumed earlier in the day was indifference, may possibly have been anger. Chris arrived into the pub with Doctor Dave, they both seemed as if they had already had a drink or two: after half an hour or so he approached both Jo and I requesting the promised photocopy of the article from CKC.  Having had quite a busy afternoon I had been unable to fulfil this request. 
Typically, he irrupted into the, by now, usual tirade of “I have spent the last five years of my life building this fucking car for you and you can’t be bothered to ..etc...etc”
I must admit I am increasingly pissed off with this unwarranted reaction. Last week bursting with ‘bon amie’ itching to finish the vehicle showing off, proud and eager, today a red faced pussy in a hissy fit. I must tread my own path: end of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment