Saturday 8 December 2012

3rd. Mot: French TGV


 
             July 2011
Tues.05.07.11. I returned from France two weeks ago via the TGV: a great trip costing only £70. My father has been admitted to the shithole observation unit at Leigh: a thoroughly uncaring place that should be torched. After suffering for 6 days he was transferred back to the Stewart ward at Peasley Cross: a much better place where he will receive appropriate care; but the long term prospects appear grim. The likelihood of him returning home is remote.
But, the car is running very well, we are experiencing good weather which enables me to rack up ‘good’ miles. At the moment there are 1735 klms on the clock. I need to organise a premature MOT, an oil change plus a thorough check of other basic functions of the vehicle. With only nine days remaining I am also reminded that I need to record the more recent developments with additional photos and at some point I must at least look at the possible route down to Burgundy. Since his earlier eagerness, Doctor Dave, who back in June planned to follow us down, has not mentioned the trip: an unnecessary complication and given the present circumstances a blessing.
Chris still displays the same hot and cold approach; at one time being very enthusiastic and then blasé. I continue to furrow my own path. Lesson learned
Weds.06.07.11. The car has completed its third MOT at Robinson and Douglas. Since the previous ‘ticket’ I have only travelled a further 800 klms. The odometer read 1738 klms. I have prepared a mental list of minor repairs; including locking nuts on the seat runners, a stainless washer on the overdrive switch, spacers on the luggage rack, some leather treatment on the seats has been essential. I also need to purchase the relevant products to complete a service, the head torqued down and any other checks that Derek can make. I cannot help but think that Chris will jump back on board but realistically time is running out for him to contribute: I would prefer to personally organise most of these tasks this week leaving the final week for ‘hidden’ snags.

No comments:

Post a Comment