Monday 17 December 2012

Confrontation, accusation.


Sat. 23.07.11. I have returned early from France to support my mother; dad is really ill. He has been admitted to 2C ward at Whiston Hospital with suspected pneumonia. The visit today wasn’t pleasant as he was bed ridden with all the relevant tubes fitted that will intravenously provide strong antibiotics and the necessary fluids to give him a fighting chance.
Late in the afternoon I welcomed a few scoops in the Oak before returning home to enjoy my de-frosting ‘Spag’, real comfort food. The ambiance was jovial, enjoying Wigan Rugby league win an exciting encounter against Warrington: but, regrettably the delight of the victory was overshadowed by a verbal attack by Chris regarding his dismay at my, in his belief, treacherous act of driving the car down to France without him or Colin trying it out before I left. “I cannot tell you how much I have felt cheated  and disappointed that you didn’t bring the car up to my house so that we could test it, you are the most distasteful person that I have ever met, everyone else thinks so too, you promised to bring the car on Monday or Tuesday but you didn’t, you were going to make a grand departure from the Oak but you came down on your own, taking photographs: I have never been as let down with anybody as you, your are a fuckin’ shit, a pathetic, selfish, lying turd, the biggest arsehole in the world!!”
I tried to explain that I had been expecting a call regarding Colin and yourself taking the car out for a run but it never came, I assumed that you had changed your mind. Again I defended my stance reminding Chris that it had been difficult dealing with the progress of the project over the past 18 months for various reasons. Mistakenly, I tried to explain that I had also on many occasions attempted to encourage him to become involved after ‘he’ wanted the car removed from the garage. “You needed to finish your kitchen; Rachel also wanted the space to store her office furniture before taking over her new premises?” But Chris countered with “I never wanted the car removed until it was totally finished: I am really getting annoyed now!” During these totally unfounded, aggressive exchanges I endeavoured to explain, on at least three opportunities,  that I had greatly appreciated everything he had done but that he had seemed disinterested for the past 2 years: my feelings were he had moved on, wanted to get on with other things, he had had enough. But this was not accepted, my view of the situation was on a direct collision course with his. 

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment