Friday 21 December 2012

Final attack


I continued to explain my perception of the situation, constantly stating that I had been extremely grateful for everything that he, over the past 4 years had contributed, every effort, time and heart into the car: as a consequence I emphasised yet again,   “You have worked your tripe out for 4 years to produce a wonderful vehicle: Are you not proud?  My overall view was that you needed the vehicle out of the garage to complete other things; Rachel needed her office moving so the space was required for that? You asked me to remove boxes of nuts, bolts, axle stands, in fact anything that was associated with the car, from the workshop. I thought that in your opinion it had run its course and you needed the space but over the past 2 years I offered on numerous occasions that you should continue to be involved; but you were always appeared to be ‘hot or cold’ regarding the conclusion of the project. I proffered to pay for you to travel to France in the car for the inaugural trip and I would fly or train you back home. I asked you on more than 3 occasions but you never said either way that you wanted to come; I assumed that you didn’t want any fuss. The original concept of the grand gesture leaving gloriously from the Oak had long past; I firmly believed that no one was interested anymore.”
But, regrettably yet relentlessly, he continued to accuse me of being the worst person in the world, he had utter abhorrence for my behaviour; I was the liar, the total contemptible person, he was determined to hit me. His final physical attack began when he grabbed my shirt forcefully threatening, with a clenched fist, to knock me senseless; promising to ‘butt’ me where I stood. I was speechless. Thankfully, David stepped in, ripped him off, finally frogmarching him out of the pub to transport him home.
I apologised to ‘Doc’ and left myself.
The deal is done, as distasteful as it was: it is probably a better ending to the entire project than the one that should have been created; there is nothing juicier than a messy divorce. Win some, lose some. This is probably the end to the story. Thank fuck for that. 

To be continued........

No comments:

Post a Comment