Saturday 1 December 2012

G3 rub down


                                                         May 2011

Tues.03.05.11. I have returned from France with a renewed vigour to complete the project. During the following days I have meticulously applied ‘G3’ to remove the bloom from the efforts of the first rubbing down. It is essential that the cosmetic work, along with further road trials, are undertaken. Mentally I have fixed a date in my head to drive the vehicle to France: around the 15.07.11. I shall return from the next visit on Tuesday 21 of June via the TGV, leaving the ‘bus’ behind, which will then allow 20+ days to finalise the setting up of the trip. 
The intention at the moment is that the Burlington shall live out its life in France, peut etre.
I have had zero response from Ian Stent or Haydn Davies; little too from my blog. I am becoming fairly pragmatic about this lack of interest: since the early euphoria back in 2006 the following three years still maintained an enthusiastic base but, the drawn out final two years have witnessed fading support from the Oak; they have had enough of the roller coaster, just have I. At least I shall finish up with a wonderful machine which I hope to enjoy for many years in the best place; South Burgundy.
Thurs.05.05.11. The G3 is complete and the ‘gloss wax’ applied. It will probably need an extra cut but that can wait until France where I shall nibble away at the perfect finish.

Sat.07.05.11. It has been the first occasion to inform Chris of the progress but as before his initial enthusiasm was punctuated by reverting to type with unnecessary criticism about my commitment.

 I still feel that I must pass on developments but it appears as though he has made his mind up: to wipe the past five years of the project from his memory. I offered the final date of July 15th 2011 as the day the vehicle will be forever transferred to France. ‘Come with me on the trip, I shall pay, It’ll be wonderful driving down through the French countryside, get your passport sorted’: regrettably there was no response.

No comments:

Post a Comment