Saturday 22 December 2012

Possible reconciliation


Tues.26.07.11. Since the event I have tried to get in touch with both Dick and Nigel (I have left a message with his uncle at his old garage to contact me regarding this possible debt). As I suspected I do not owe Dick one cent: just as I had assumed, he had completed the job out of the kindness of his heart; a visit to ‘Damians’ bike breakers yard confirmed this. “I was glad to help, I had no regular work at the time so the days working on the car were really enjoyable. I didn’t want a penny for any of it, I thought I had told Chris at the time?”

Sun.21.08.11. Down at the Oak Jo and I had been enjoying a pleasant afternoon watching a great little blues trio along with intermittently chatting to Lowtie and Danny Boon when in walked Chris accompanied by Danny Brennan, Preacher and Andy Lewis. Apparently they had been on pub crawl in Stockport, Danny’s home town.
I did want to leave so as not to cause any embarrassment or divided support from any of the assembled friends, but Lowtie insisted I should stay and not be railroaded out of the pub: so we agreed, watching the last set of the band. But as we were leaving I asked Andy how Margo’s ‘do’ had been the previous night, which unfortunately gave Chris his usual sneaky opportunity to speak to Jo. She immediately informed him that she did not want to speak to him. I then moved on to chat with Jenny and Joe Berry from where I could hear Chris calling my name quickly followed by him making advances towards me. Fortunately, he was then dragged back by Andy.
If there is going to be any reconciliation it will not happen after he has consumed far too much beer than he can handle; I have at least learned that lesson. If it was to be a serious apology, which I do not believe for one moment, the appropriate opportunity should have been immediately upon entering the pub, not when we were leaving one hour later.
It is a difficult time that needs resolving, but any contact after a boozy Sunday afternoon is not going to put an end to the problems of the past month.

No comments:

Post a Comment